(Google Shopping Page) Thymus
Grass Fed THYMUS EXTRACT — $58
— To a very large extent, the health of the thymus determines the health of the immune system. Individuals who get frequent infections or suffer from chronic infections typically have impaired thymus activity. Also, people affected with hay fever, allergies, migraine headaches, or rheumatoid arthritis usually have altered thymus function. * —
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS With GRASS FED THYMUS EXTRACT*
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where immune system maladies (inclusive of allergies, food sensitivities and autoimmune conditions) run amuck.
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did. Grass Fed Thymus is a whole food dietary supplement that provides 100% pure ovine thymus (with bovine liver). This whole food provides proteins exclusively expressed in thymus tissue as well as various peptides and hormones such thymosin, thymopoietin, and serum thymic factor, that regulate many immune functions.* Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
New Zealand seems like it was made for raising healthy animals. Its location and climate produce pristine conditions for cattle and sheep, and the farmers have uncanny expertise handed down for generations. New Zealand is unique among meat-producing regions in the world because its climate is moderate so the grass in the pastures grows fresh and grows green year-round which means the cows and sheep can eat the food that’s healthiest for them every day of the year.
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preser
* Our product line is 100% additive-free. Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents... except with our Bone Marrow (see Other Ingredients) *
- Serving Size: 6 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Thymus With Liver
- Grass Fed Thymus (Ovine) 250MG
- Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 250MG
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
SUGGESTED USE: Six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
PRICE & PAYMENT OPTIONS: $58 per bottle. All transactions are currently being processed through SSL encrypted Shopify. We accept all major credit cards.
BENEFITS OF EATING THYMUS With Liver
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to support urinary ailments and overall kidney health... Pancreas was fed to people with digestive and endocrine problems... and thymus was fed to people with immune dysfunctions.*
Organ meats were a staple of our early ancestors' diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science... "Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.* Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail organ meats.
THYMUS With Liver CONTAINS...
- Proteins Exclusively Found And Expressed In Thymus Tissue *
- Unique Peptides Such As Thymosin — Tasked With The Development Of Disease-Fighting T Cells *
- Thymopoietin And Serum Thymic Factor To Further Regulate & Support Immune Health *
- Immunologically Active Proteins Shown To Stimulate Macrophages & Enhance Natural Killer (NK) Cell Activity *
THYMUS With Liver SUPPORTS...
- Optimal Thymus Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Immune System Health *
- Allergy Health, Inflammatory Health & Energy Metabolism *
SUGGESTED USE (6 CAPSULES A DAY)
Six capsules provides the equivalent of one ounce of fresh, raw whole glandulars and organs that you’d get from your local farmer (or) butcher. Our Grass Fed Thymus (with liver) is a whole food dietary supplement that can be taken with (or) without food (even though it technically is food). The suggested use is 6 capsules a day or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled. This supplement can be consumed all at once, or divided servings throughout the day.
POTENTIAL ISSUES (DETOX REACTION)
Most customers tolerate our supplements without incident; however, approximately 5 to 10% of customers (usually with an autoimmune condition) may experience a detoxification reaction. Detoxification reactions go by many different names including healing reactions, healing crises, cleansing reactions (or) Herxheimer reactions with hallmark symptoms of nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness and other flu like symptoms. In this instance, detoxification reactions are generally an indication that detoxification pathways in the body are back online... cells suddenly have an opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of stored toxins, metabolic wastes, pathogens and unwanted material.
A detoxification reaction is more likely to occur when starting with the full suggested serving size of 6 capsules per day. If you know that you are sensitive to supplements and/or you have an autoimmune condition, you may wish to start slow when adding this product to your current regimen. Tolerability can be greatly improved by starting with just 1 (or) 2 capsules a day and increasing by just 1 capsule every couple of days — this method may take a full two weeks to achieve the desired serving size of 6 capsules per day.
high quality ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you're convinced! You're going to start incorporating organ meats in your routine because, well... you're educated now... you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It's important that you source the highest quality because not all organs and glands are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Animals
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Animals
- Should Come From Animals That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure... Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS (3)
If you're going to pick just one ancestral supplement to start with, make it our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER... unless you need targeted support with another specific organ system (see below). If you are going to pick two supplements, our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER and our GRASS FED BEEF ORGANS provide complementary and synergistic nourishment. If you can add a third supplement, GRASS FED BONE MARROW fills fat soluble nutrition gaps and provides the fat soluble activators that nutrition giant Dr. Weston Price extensively wrote about.
- Grass Fed Beef Liver
- Grass Fed Beef Organs (liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, spleen)
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
On the other hand, if you're looking for targeted organ support, you may be interested in our GRASS FED BEEF HEART to support heart health (or) our GRASS FED THYROID to support a struggling thyroid (or) our GRASS FED THYMUS to support thymus function and immune health... you get the picture.* We have a nose-to-tail product line that can be found on our "Products" page. If you can't find what you're looking for (or) you're not sure what you're looking for, send us an email and we'll do everything we can to help.
GRASSFED THYMUS Summary
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grassfed Thymus contains proteins exclusively expressed in thymus tissue as well as various peptides and hormones such thymosin, thymopoietin, and serum thymic factor, that regulate many immune functions.* Based on the concept of "like supports like," consuming thymus may strengthen and support our own thymus.* Thymus extracts have been shown to normalize, modulate and balance the ratio of T-helper cells to suppressor cells.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality thymus glandular... It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed sheep (or) calves that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, growth factors and co-factors.
NOTE: Desiccated thymus (or) whole thymus glandular can be found on the market by various names: whole thymus, thymus extract, desiccated thymus, thymus glandular, thymus PMG and ovine thymus (sheep).
ACTIVATING AN ANCIENT PATHWAY
Our early ancestors were regularly subjected to cold temperatures. It’s most likely why we humans have brown adipose tissue (BAT). BAT is especially abundant in newborns and in hibernating mammals. It is also present and metabolically active in adult humans and its primary function is thermoregulation. In the modern world though, we are rarely subjected to cold temperatures for any real duration... Let's face it, who likes that uncomfortable frigid feeling that comes with cold, especially when we have access to warmth 24/7. In modern times, we simply put on some clothes… turn up the heater… or we avoid the cold altogether by staying inside. Our potential for strength and health remains encoded in our DNA, and under certain conditions, we can genetically express the strongest, healthiest version of ourselves. Those "certain conditions" almost always have to do with nose-to-tail nutrition. In this instance, it has to do with getting cold.
Intentional cold exposures initiate adaptive processes and response mechanisms that are hardwired into our genes. We have 60,000 miles of blood vessels within us that are lined with smooth muscles that constrict (or) dilate based on our perception of temperature. This process of vasoconstriction and vasodilation is like exercise for your blood vessels.
Cold exposure benefits include boosting heart health through improved circulation and increased tolerance to stress, upgraded immunity, and enhanced metabolic flexibility. Rhonda Patrick, PHD writes “cold exposures increase cold shock proteins including one in the brain that repairs damaged synapses and in muscle prevents atrophy, how cold-induced nor-epi-nephrine lowers inflammation and pain by decreasing the levels of 3 inflammatory mediators…”* This is very, very interesting stuff and it's grounded in evolutionary science.
Give it a try. Start with cold / hot shower contrasts for 30 seconds at a time. At first, you'll down right hate me for it because it is down right uncomfortable. Continue the shower contrasts over a 30 day period. Take notice how you feel afterwards... it will keep you coming back for more. It gets easier and easier because the adaptive mechanisms, including the smooth muscles that line the blood vessels, adapt... they get stronger, faster and more efficient at doing what they were designed to do. You will notice that your ability to withstand cold will increase considerably after only a few days. Like any other stressor, we adapt… it gets easier… and it starts to feel amazing.
You never know, cold exposures could easily be the missing link to the strength, energy and other health benefits that we are all after. Send me an email... let me know your thoughts... let me know your questions. I'd love to hear from you. Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
SLEEP LIKE A ROCK
On the hierarchy of health decisions, sleep trumps almost everything else. It's the low hanging fruit that can affect health metrics more than just about anything else. It's the time when your body and your brain detox, recover, rebuild and restore. How amazing is your sleep? Exactly what I thought! Instead of writing a long boring article about sleep tips, I'm bullet pointing this one.. why... because it's getting late and I need to get some shut eye.
- Get morning sun exposure (at the same time everyday) to regulate sleep / wake cycles.
- Finish your last meal at least 3 to 4 hours before bedtime... trust me, you can do this.
- Earthing... you can do it the old fashioned way or you can use grounding sheets like we do (Google it). We go on barefoot hikes all the time... we use an EMF meter to make sure there are no electrical fields around our bed... we turn off the wifi (actually don't have wifi but you do, so turn it off at night)... put your phone in airplane mode and make sure that there are no electronics (nor lights) anywhere near you.
- Your sleep temperature should be between 64 and 68.
- Use blackout curtains and blackout blinds... room needs to be pitch black. No battery lights, no night lights, nothing!
- Use Himalayan salt lamps at sunset instead of regular lighting.
- Wear UVEX safety goggles at least 2 hours before going to bed... this one is seriously a big deal. They cost $9 and they make all the difference. If you're not going to do anything else, do this!
- Last but not least, sleep on the floor like our tribe does... why you ask... because our bodies were never meant to be in a cast, courtesy of your bed, all night. Why do you think you wake up feeling like a stiff Rick. Katy Bowman is a biomechanist and author of Move Your DNA. She sleeps on the floor. She got us sleeping on the floor. If you want to know how to do it, check it out here.
Sources and References
- Murray, Michael T., Joseph E. Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The encyclopedia of healing foods. 3rd ed. Place of publication not identified: Time Warner International, 2006. Print.
- “Thymus Extracts.” Thymus Extracts | Michigan Medicine, www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hn-2916001. Accessed 17 Aug. 2017.
- Ronzio, Robert, Ph.D. "GLANDULARS - PROTOMORPHOGENS." DCNutrition.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- “a natural remedy alternative pharmacy dedicated to a non pharmaceutical approach to Aging, Cirrhosis, Fatigue, Cancers & more.” Thymus - Organic Glandular | Organic Pharmacy, organicpharmacy.com/supplements/thymus-organic-glandular. Accessed 17 Aug. 2017.
- Frtiz, Heidi, MA, ND. "Glandular Extracts - Traditional Medicine for the Modern Times." New Roots Herbal. N.p., 13 Sept. 2016. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Suttie, Emma, D.Ac, AP. "The Spleen - How To Have A Healthy, Happy Spleen With Chinese Medicine." Chinese Medicine Living. N.p., 11 Apr. 2017. Web. 22 June 2017.
- "Beef, variety meats and by-products, thymus, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories." Nutrition Data know what you eat. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2017.
- Carney, Scott, and Wim Hof. What doesnt kill us: how freezing water, extreme altitude, and environmental conditioning will renew our lost evolutionary strength. Brunswick, Victoria, Australia: Scribe Publications, 2017. Print.
- Patrick, Rhonda, Ph.D. "New 20-page report on cryotherapy just released! Cold shock boosts nor-epi-nephrine up to 5-fold & increase type of immune cell that kills tumor cells." FoundMyFitness. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Valenzuela, C., D. L. De, M. Olivares, M. S. Morales, and F. Pizarro. "Total iron and heme iron content and their distribution in beef meat and viscera." Biological trace element research. U.S. National Library of Medicine, Dec. 2009. Web. 28 June 2017.