(Google Shopping Page) Brain
Grass Fed BRAIN — $48
— Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual.* —
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS With GRASS FED BEEF BRAIN*
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for strength, health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. We are now part of a world where neurodegenerative conditions, mood disorders and impaired brain functioning run amuck.
Brain glandulars contain "specific brain cell activators" and have been advised for slowness of thought, loss of memory, uncontrolled mental activity and epilepsy.*
Bovine-brain derived phosphatidylserine was found to improve both behavior and cognition in elderly people with cognitive decline.* "...phosphatidylserine enhances the ability of enzymes in membranes of nerve cells to relay messages in and out of the cells. This product (bovine-brain phosphatidylserine) can improve memory in older adults, and can ameliorate symptoms of depression."* Included in whole brain extract are neurotrophic factors that support the survival of existing neurons and encourages the growth of new neurons as well as sphingomyelin which plays a central role in the myelin sheath and cell signaling.* ]
Whole food, nutrient dense organs and glands can provide great benefit for those seeking targeted support in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did. Grass Fed Beef Brain is a whole brain extract and dietary supplement that provides 100% pure bovine brain with pituitary, hypothalamus and pineal gland in the same balance that exists in nature. Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried & Non-Defatted
- Third Party Tested For Purity
- Allergen Free
CONSIDER THE SOURCE
New Zealand seems like it was made for raising healthy animals. Its location and climate produce pristine conditions for cattle and sheep, and the farmers have uncanny expertise handed down for generations. New Zealand is unique among meat-producing regions in the world because its climate is moderate so the grass in the pastures grows fresh and grows green year-round which means the cows and sheep can eat the food that’s healthiest for them every day of the year.
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preser
* Our product line is 100% additive-free. Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers or flow agents... except with our Bone Marrow (see Other Ingredients) *
- Serving Size: 6 Capsules
- Servings Per Container: 30
AMOUNT PER CAPSULE
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Whole Brain Extract With Liver 500 MG
Grass Fed Whole Brain Extract (Bovine) 250 MG
- Grass Fed Brain
- Grass Fed Pituitary Gland
- Grass Fed Hypothalamus Gland
- Grass Fed Pineal Gland
Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 250 MG
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Collagen (Beef Gelatin) Capsules
SUGGESTED USE: Six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
* FDA STATEMENT: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
PRICE & PAYMENT OPTIONS: $48 per bottle. All transactions are currently being processed through SSL encrypted Shopify. We accept all major credit cards.
BENEFITS OF EATING BRAIN With Liver
Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers believed that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. For instance, the traditional way of treating a person with a weak heart was to feed the person the heart of a healthy animal. Similarly, eating the kidneys of a healthy animal was believed to support urinary ailments and overall kidney health... Pancreas was fed to people with digestive and endocrine problems... and brain was frequently consumed raw and was thought to support clear thinking.*
Whether from grassfed beef, bison, or lamb, grass fed liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods you could possibly eat. Hunters all over the world, for uncounted thousands of years, would eat the raw livers of the animals they killed. Lions and other predatory animals will also eat the liver first. Grass fed liver is particularly rich in B vitamins, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, magnesium, and many other nutrients. Grass fed liver also contains compounds that help the human liver function better. Other substances in liver reduce fatigue and improve brain function.*
Organs and glandulars were a staple of our early ancestors' diets as the ultimate superfood, for good reason. It turns out, this nourishing tradition is backed by science... "Radioisotope labeling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. This research, done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.* Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of nose-to-tail organs and glands.
WHOLE BRAIN EXTRACT CONTAINS...
- Proteins Exclusively Found And Expressed In Whole Brain Extract
- Brain Derived Glandulars Including The Pituitary, Hypothalamus and Pineal Glands
- Unique Peptides And Neurotrophic Factors Including Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF)
- Sphingomyelin — Found In High Concentrations In The Myelin Sheath. *
- Brain Cell Activators, Phosphatidylserine & Omega-3 Fats EPA and DHA *
WHOLE BRAIN EXTRACT SUPPORTS...
- Optimal Brain Health Based On "Like Supports Like" *
- Memory, Mood And Cognitive Health *
- The Survival of Existing Neurons & Encourages The Growth and Differentiation Of New Neurons *
- Myelin Sheath, Signal Transduction & Apoptosis *
SUGGESTED USE (6 CAPSULES A DAY)
Six capsules provides the equivalent of one ounce of fresh, raw whole glandulars and organs that you’d get from your local farmer (or) butcher. Our Grass Fed Brain (with liver) is a whole food dietary supplement that provides whole brain extract — including pituitary, hypothalamus, pineal glands in the physiological amounts that exist in harmony with nature. This supplement can be taken with (or) without food (even though it technically is food). The suggested use is 6 capsules a day or as directed by a healthcare professional — for added support, the dose can be doubled. This supplement can be consumed all at once, or divided servings throughout the day.
POTENTIAL ISSUES (DETOX REACTION)
Most customers tolerate our supplements without incident; however, approximately 5 to 10% of customers (usually with an autoimmune condition) may experience a detoxification reaction. Detoxification reactions go by many different names including healing reactions, healing crises, cleansing reactions (or) Herxheimer reactions with hallmark symptoms of nausea, headache, lethargy, dizziness and other flu like symptoms. In this instance, detoxification reactions are generally an indication that detoxification pathways in the body are back online... cells suddenly have an opportunity to release an even greater than normal quantity of stored toxins, metabolic wastes, pathogens and unwanted material.
A detoxification reaction is more likely to occur when starting with the full suggested serving size of 6 capsules per day. If you know that you are sensitive to supplements and/or you have an autoimmune condition, you may wish to start slow when adding this product to your current regimen. Tolerability can be greatly improved by starting with just 1 (or) 2 capsules a day and increasing by just 1 capsule every couple of days — this method may take a full two weeks to achieve the desired serving size of 6 capsules per day.
high quality ORGANS & GLANDS
Okay, you're convinced! You're going to start incorporating organ meats in your routine because, well... you're educated now... you understand, just as our early ancestors did, that they provide superlative health benefits that are missing in our modern diets. The next step is sourcing it. It's important that you source the highest quality because not all organs and glands are created equal. Consider the source.
- Should Come From An Unpolluted Geographical Region — Isolated, Healthy, Pristine Lands
- Should Come From Pasture Raised Animals
- Should Come From Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Animals
- Should Come From Animals That Are Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Should Also Be Ultra Pure... Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents, No Allergens
- Should Be Non-Defatted
- Should Be 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Preserves Heat Sensitive Biological Activity
SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS (3)
If you're going to pick just one ancestral supplement to start with, make it our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER... unless you need targeted support with another specific organ system (see below). If you are going to pick two supplements, our GRASS FED BEEF LIVER and our GRASS FED BEEF ORGANS provide complementary and synergistic nourishment. If you can add a third supplement, GRASS FED BONE MARROW fills fat soluble nutrition gaps and provides the fat soluble activators that nutrition giant Dr. Weston Price extensively wrote about.
- Grass Fed Beef Liver
- Grass Fed Beef Organs (liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, spleen)
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
On the other hand, if you're looking for targeted organ support, you may be interested in our GRASS FED BEEF HEART to support heart health (or) our GRASS FED THYROID to support a struggling thyroid (or) our GRASS FED THYMUS to support thymus function and immune health... you get the picture.* We have a nose-to-tail product line that can be found on our "Products" page. If you can't find what you're looking for (or) you're not sure what you're looking for, send us an email and we'll do everything we can to help.
GRASSFED BRAIN Summary
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of nose-to-tail dining since the beginning of time. Grassfed Beef Brain is a whole brain extract that provides brain cell activators, neurotrophic factors, brain derived glandulars and hundreds of other compounds exclusive to brain tissue that regulate memory, mood and cognitive functions.* Based on the concept of "like supports like," consuming brain may strengthen and support our own brain.* Bovine-brain derived phosphatidylserine has been shown to improve both behavior and cognition associated with cognitive decline.*
Not all organs and glands are the same. Look for the highest quality brain glandular... It should come from pasture-raised, grass-fed calves that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors, growth factors and co-factors.
NOTE: Desiccated brain (or) whole brain extract glandular can be found on the market by various names: whole brain, brain extract, desiccated brian, brain glandular, brain PMG belongs to Standard Process and then there's simply bovine brain.
Additional quality controls include the following...
- 3rd party microbial testing before and after encapsulation
- 3rd party veterinarian health inspection is performed by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries — for 100% of our animal derived biologics
- We exclusively harvest Brain, Bone Marrow and Thymus from young calves
ACTIVATING AN ANCIENT PATHWAY
Nutritional ketosis may have health benefits in conditions such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ALS, MS, autism, traumatic brain injuries and much more.* By now you've heard all the rage about ketosis, also known as the ketogenic diet. It's the new diet that everybody's doing, right! Actually, ketosis isn't new at all... it's been around for... well... since we (human beings) have been around. Ketones provided the energy substrate for our brains and bodies when glucose wasn't available, such as in times of famine which was a common occurrence for our early ancestors. Fortunately for us, biology figured out an elegant solution to the problem of inconsistent food sources and a large, hungry brain... ketosis.
"People whose brains suffer from impaired glucose utilization see cognitive benefits from ketones. In Alzheimer’s disease, aging-related cognitive decline, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s disease, brain glucose uptake is depressed—even before any actual cognitive decline appears. Despite high glucose availability, the aging, epileptic, Alzheimer’s, or Parkinson’s brain can’t utilize enough of it to handle cognition. Enter ketones. Ketones act as an alternative energy source for the glucose-starved brains. It’s no coincidence that ketogenic diets can improve symptoms (and in some cases abolish them) and cognitive function in all four conditions."
For the record, unless there's a neurodegenerative, mood and/or memory condition on board, I don’t think we all need to be on a ketogenic diet, nor do we all need to remain in ketosis for extended periods of time; however, I do think we need to slip in and out of ketosis on a regular basis... just as our early ancestors would have done. After all, we seem to be purpose built for doing it and we derive massive health and happiness benefits from it. We know it seems to stave off neurodegeneration, as well as improve the brains of people already suffering from it.*
For these reasons, my tribe (my family) and I follow seasonal eating patterns that allow us to slip in and out of ketosis. If we're feeling really good, we may stay in it a little longer. It helps us to think, to perform, and to produce. The following is an idea of how and what we eat... notice that we also go through periods of feast and famine with twenty-four hour fasts and huge refeeds where almost nothing that resembles primal food is off limits.
OUR TYPICAL 1ST MEAL IS A DELICIOUS SHAKE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS...
- Wallaby Organic / Grass fed yogurt (2 cups or 150g)
- NOW Brand MCT oil (1-2 tablespoons; up to 30g- dose to tolerability). NOTE: MCT always produces elevated ketones.
- Organic raw virgin coconut oil or organic ghee (2 to 3 tablespoons or 30 to 45g)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons or 30g)
- Organic unrefined red palm oil (1 tablespoon or 15g)
- Grassfed Collagen / Gelatin (10-20g)
- Himalayan sea salt -- 1/4 tsp (2g)
- Organic cinnamon -- 2g
- Organic / Grassfed vanilla protein powder (1 scoop) — I like Bluebonnet Grassfed Protein
- Organic banana (optional when not doing strict keto or if sleep if affected by too low carb consumption)
- Organic / Pasture raised raw eggs (4 to 6 large eggs)
- Organic raw milk (1 cup or 150g)... raw is best but Whole Kalona Brand Milk is a good second option if you don't do raw milk
This shake takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to make... It's super convenient... and, it's down right delicious. If I don't make a shake, I will have a bunch of pasture-raised eggs (8 or so) that are smothered in butter with a side of avocado, nitrate-free, sugar-free bacon and a dollop of sour cream.
OUR TYPICAL SECOND MEAL IS COOKED... IT'S HOT... IT'S BETTER THAN ANY RESTAURANT FOOD... IT LOOKS LIKE THIS...
- Homemade Bone Soup (simmered for two to three days with tons of marrow)
- Serving or Kimchi
- Organic Avocado
- Grass fed butter or Ghee (2 tablespoons)
- Organic unrefined red palm oil
- Salad of dark leafy greens w/ 2 tablespoons of Organic, fresh pressed olive oil and sea salt (I get mine from Apollo Olive Oil)
- Grass fed beef/organs (6 - 9 oz ground peleo and various organs)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons) mixed with organic raw coconut oil (2 tablespoons) and a tablespoon of Bluebonnet's grassfed vanilla protein
- Organic banana with raw local honey (Optional when not doing strict keto or if sleep if affected by too low carb consumption)
- 100% Cacao block for dessert
We generally carb reload on the weekends with plenty of sweet potatoes, raw local honey, the occasional sorghum and various in-season fruits. We also do a twenty-four to thirty hour fast on Sundays... it's not as bad as it sounds. We eat an early dinner as we normally would on early Saturday evening... skip our first meal on Sunday, and eat an amazing fish-based dinner (usually wild caught sardines) with the entire tribe on Sunday. We also do heat and cold exposures together and we go on barefoot hikes every Sunday. Connecting to mother earth creates strong parasympathetic tone for enhanced recovery for the week to come. The basis of how our tribe lives is this... if our early ancestors did it, we do too... or at least we try to. See our most up-to-date tribe life on our "About Us" page.
SUPPLEMENTS THAT WE TAKE
- Transdermal Magnesium Oil - We use magnesium oil every night.
- Vitamin D3 - Only when we're not able to get adequate sun exposure (this is rare)
- Vitamin K2 - Only when we're not regularly eating my kimchi (this is also rare)
- Grass Fed Liver
- Grass Fed Beef Organs
- Grass Fed Bone Marrow
Keep in mind that my tribe and I eat a very nutrient dense diet. We consume the whole animal just as our ancestors did... That's right, we eat the liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, heart, thymus, bones, tendons, ligaments and more... and we eat this way every day (except on vacation we take Liver, Beef Organs and Bone Marrow supplements). We love our bone broth (this is my wife's specialty), and we eat tons of pastured eggs. Wife is awesome enough to sprout chickpeas for us. Then, she turns half of the batch into the best homemade hummus in the world. Super high in folate (NOT SYNTHETIC FOLIC ACID, big diff)!!
You never know, ketosis could easily be the missing link to the mood, memory and mental performance benefits that we are all after. Why not give it a try. Send me an email... let me know your thoughts... let me know your questions. I'd love to hear from you. Our mission is our purpose... putting back in, what the modern world has left out.
Sources and References
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Lee R, Hanson W. Protomorphology: The Principles of Cell Auto-Regulation. Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, 1947
- Lee R. Therapeutic Food Manual, Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, circa 1950;14Lee R. Brain Cytotrophin. Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee, circa 1950
- Profiles in Nutritional Progress. Rubicon Productions, Bakersfield, 1993
- Blake, Paul. “Serious Brain Enhancer.” Serious Brain Enhancer TM, www.theherbprof.com/FoodResearch/drSeriousBrain.htm. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Cenacchi T, et al. Cognitive decline in the elderly: a double-blind placebo-controlled multicenter study on the efficacy of phosphatidylserine administration. Aging Clin Exp Res 5:123-133, 1993
- Null G. The Complete Encyclopedia of Natural Healing. Kensington Books, 1998
- Harrower HR. An Endocrine Handbook. Harrow Laboratory, Glendale, 1939
- “Bovine pituitary gland extract.” Bovine pituitary gland extract, www.doctorslounge.com/endocrinology/forums/backup/topic-12915.html. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- “Sphingomyelin.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 11 Aug. 2017, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphingomyelin. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- “Brain-Derived neurotrophic factor.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 24 Aug. 2017, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-derived_neurotrophic_factor. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Fallon, Sally. “Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans.” The Weston A. Price Foundation, 1 Jan. 2000, www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/traditional-diets/guts-and-grease-the-diet-of-native-americans/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Mercola, Joseph. “Ketogenic diet: the perfect meal plan that can supercharge your body's fat-Burning process.” Mercola.com, articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/26/nutritional-ketosis-benefits.aspx. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Mercola, Joseph. “Burning Fat for Fuel Increases Quality and Quantity of Life.” Mercola.com, articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/24/burning-fat-for-fuel.aspx. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Sisson, Mark. “The Fat Burning Brain: What Are the Cognitive Effects of Ketosis?” Mark's Daily Apple, 1 Sept. 2016, www.marksdailyapple.com/the-fat-burning-brain-what-are-the-cognitive-effects-of-ketosis/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Cunnane, SC, et al. “BRAIN FUEL METABOLISM, AGING AND ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE.” Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), U.S. National Library of Medicine, Jan. 2011, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3478067/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.
- Gasior, Maciej, et al. “Neuroprotective and disease-Modifying effects of the ketogenic diet.” Behavioural pharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Sept. 2006, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/. Accessed 27 Aug. 2017.