Unilateral Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy
In order to preserve our reputation for providing customers with high value products and to further enhance the Ancestral Supplements, LLC. brand image and its competitiveness in the marketplace, Ancestral Supplements, LLC is unilaterally instituting a policy of minimum advertised price standards for Ancestral Supplements, LLC products. This Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (“MAP Policy”) will become effective 4/01/2022 and will apply to distributors and retailers, including catalogs and internet retailers (collectively, “Resellers”), who resell Ancestral Supplements, LLC products to end users located in the United States.
Ancestral Supplements, LLC greatly values the efforts of all Resellers to distribute Ancestral Supplements, LLC products and support our customers. This MAP Policy is adopted for the benefit of all Resellers and will be uniformly enforced.
This MAP Policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- Ancestral Supplements, LLC will, from time to time, publish a list of Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (“MSRP List”), which may be amended or adjusted by Ancestral Supplements, LLC at any time in its sole discretion. The MSRP List will identify the effective date, the products and the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (“MSRP”) for those products. Each advertisement of a product identified in the MSRP List more than 1 cent ($0.01) below the MSRP will be a violation of this MAP Policy. Ancestral Supplements, LLC products not specifically identified in the MSRP List are not subject to this MAP Policy. The initial MSRP List is enclosed.
- This MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of Ancestral Supplements, LLC products listed on the MSRP List in any and all media, including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, e-mail newsletters, e-mail solicitations, internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. This MAP Policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s).
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Ancestral Supplements, LLC or another manufacturer) with a product covered by this MAP Policy would be contrary to this MAP Policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered Ancestral Supplements, LLC product more than 01 cent ($0.01) below the MSRP.
- If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the MSRP that is paired with a discount price more than 01 cent ($0.01) below the MSRP is prohibited.
- This MAP Policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which Ancestral Supplements, LLC products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within Resellers’ retail location, over the telephone, or e-mail. Resellers remain free to sell these products at any prices they choose under these circumstances.
- This MAP Policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All Resellers may offer Ancestral Supplements, LLC products at any price in excess of the MSRP.
- Pricing listed on an internet site is considered an “advertised price” and must adhere to this MAP Policy. At no time during this MAP Program may the Reseller make any statements or other indications on its website in connection with any MAP Product(s) that indicates or implies that a lower price may be found at the online checkout stage, including, but not limited to, the following: “Click here for lower price”, “Add to Cart for Lower Price”, “Check Cart for Lower Price”, “Email for a better Price”, or “Call for Lower Price”. Once the pricing is associated with an intent to purchase (added to shopping cart or order), the price becomes the selling price and is not bound by this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy does not apply to any reduced price that a Reseller wishes to place within a purchaser’s online shopping cart as a final stage of an online purchase(s), so long as the end user enters the final stage on his/her own without any reference on the website that a lower price will be found at the final purchasing stage.
- This MAP Policy is solely within Ancestral Supplements, LLC discretion and authority acting through the duly authorized managers of Ancestral Supplements, LLC. No employee or sales representative of Ancestral Supplements, LLC has any authority to discuss, modify or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy. Any representation or action by any employee, sales representative or persons not specifically authorized to discuss, modify or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy under this paragraph is unauthorized and invalid. All questions about this MAP Policy should be in writing and directed via U.S. Mail to MAP Policy Administrator, Ancestral Supplements, LLC 18688 FM 1097, Montgomery, TX 77356, who will respond only in writing. No oral communications about this MAP Policy are authorized. The MAP Policy Administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred, communicating decisions to Resellers regarding the policy and receiving any communications regarding sanctions imposed under this MAP Policy. Any action taken by Ancestral Supplements, LLC under this MAP Policy shall be without liability to Ancestral Supplements, LLC.
- From time to time, Ancestral Supplements, LLC. may choose to offer special promotions on certain products. In such an event, we reserve the right to modify or suspend this MAP Policy in whole or in part by notifying Resellers of the duration and nature of the change. Ancestral Supplements, LLC. further reserves the right to adjust the MSRP with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion. Such changes shall apply equally to all Resellers.
- Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this MAP Policy will result in sanctions unilaterally imposed by Ancestral Supplements, LLC The level of sanctions will be determined by Ancestral Supplements, LLC in its sole discretion and may include indefinite termination of dealership or distributorship. Ancestral Supplements, LLC does not intend to do business with Resellers who degrade the image of Ancestral Supplements, LLC and its products. Ancestral Supplements, LLC need not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this MAP Policy.
- Distributors of Ancestral Supplements, LLC products will supply a copy of this MAP Policy to any new or existing Reseller for their records.
- The terms of this MAP Policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties.
This MAP Policy has been established by Ancestral Supplements, LLC to help ensure the legacy of Ancestral Supplements, LLC. as a top producer of high quality products and to protect the reputation of its name and products. This MAP Policy is also designed to avoid destructive intra-brand conflict and to ensure that dealers and distributors have the incentive to invest resources into services for Ancestral Supplements, LLC customers.